Membership hits all time high of 438!
This Saturday's event is our Men's Monthly Medal Blue Tees, Men's and Ladies Stroke/Men's Summer Cup Round 2 with Power Pins 10th & 15th.
Country Club Tasmania sponsors our Monthly Medals and a special thank you to Ross Hannah and the CCT team for supporting our club.
On behalf of our members I would like to extend a very warm welcome to new and returning members: -
· New members:- Kath Ree - Lachie Cocker - Jennifer McDonnell - Kay Liu - Phillip Fitzallen - Daniel Mahar - Thomas Fryett - Fletcher Harper - Owen Firth - Nick Summers
· Returning Members:- Steve and Sandra Burris
· Current membership base:- 438 (a new record)
Thank you for joining our golf club and I do hope you enjoy your time with us. I look forward to meeting you and seeing you around the course.
This week we move to the 6th hole. Members are expected to fill divots as they play the hole with the objective of ensuring there are no visible divots once the field has completed the hole.
COMMITTEE MEETING TUESDAY 08/12/20
At our Committee meeting it was decided to :-
1. Increase Hole in One prize to $50 and leave Eagles on Par 4's and 5's at $30.
2. Increase maximum handicap for Men to 45 effective Saturday 12/12/20 which means Men and Women now have the same maximum handicap for all PVGC competitions.
CITY WEEK @ the BICHENO GOLF CLUB - Monday 30/11 to Tuesday 01/12
Our ladies excelled with Debbie Davey (37pts),Gillian Evans (37pts) & Jackie Rayworth (37pts) -111pts combined to win the Jeanie Samec Teams Shield from the Launceston Golf Club team by 1 point.
Deb Davey won Div.1 with 37pts, Marie Myrander won Div.2 with 32pts, Jackie Rayworth won Div.3 with 37pts and Gillian Evans won Div. 4 with 37pts while Di Woodforde was R/up Div.4 with 32pts.
The Div. 2 Foursomes was won by Deb Davey and Gillian Evans with 36pts on a count back.
What a fantastic effort by our ladies and congratulations.
WEDNESDAY COMPETITION 16/12/20
There will be 3 ball ambrose next Wednesday with an 8.30am shotgun start. Pizzas will be provided at Bolters after golf and teams must comprise at least one female or one male player.
CARE of the COURSE
Please repair divots through the course and pitch marks on our greens.
I do hope you enjoy the weekend, stay safe and please contact me if you have any questions.