Positive News - Competitions to resume, Driving Range and Pro Shop to re-open!
Pro Shop and Driving Range to reopen, Competitions to resume (Effective Monday 01 June 2020)
The feedback since we resumed golf has been overwhelmingly positive and it is great to see so many members playing golf out on the course . Cases of COVID-19 are reducing and it is good to see more economic activity and I am sure this will increase over the coming weeks.
Pro Shop - opening hours
Monday, Wednesday and Saturday from 8.00am to 5.00pm and this will allow the club to conduct competitions on these days.
Driving Range - opening hours
Monday, Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday from 10.00am to 4.00pm
- Ourgolf bookings are required throughout the week (i.e. for both competition and social golf)
- Only PVGC Members will be allowed on course
- Membership fees will recommence
- Monthly medals competition on Wednesday 03 June 20 for Seniors and Ladies - Saturday 06 June 2020 for Men
- Current fixtures will apply on Monday, Wednesday and Saturday moving forward
- Non cash transactions only for competitions - must be via debit or credit card
- Pro Shop and Driving Range purchases will be the same
- Ourgolf credits may be used for Pro Shop purchases
- Social golf (PVGC members only) possible outside competition days and times
- Limit of 4 people (1 staff member and 3 patrons) in the Pro Shop at any one time
- Limit of 2 people (1 staff member and 1 patron) in Driving Range Shop at anyone time
- Only 10 driving bays will be available
- 1.5 metre social distancing to apply across all areas
- There will not be any competition presentations
- Tee time intervals reduce from 15 minutes to 12 minutes
- Course supervision will continue to ensure compliance
- Practice putting greens will be open with a maximum of 5 people on each practice green as long as social distancing of 1.5 metres is adhered to
- Focus on hygiene practices to be maintained
Membership Applications will be accepted for new members and they will be able to access the course from 01 Jun 20 under the same conditions as current members. New member applications will be presented for approval at the June Committee meeting.
Whilst the majority of members do the right thing there are some who do not and this is very frustrating to members who do.
1. Pitch marks on greens.....please make sure you repair your pitch mark and if you see others repair those as well.
2. Divots on the tees and fairways....you must replace your divot, cut in (if possible) and apply sand and level as required. If it is only a scuff mark just a light sand will suffice. All players, whether carrying a bag, pushing a buggy or playing in a cart, must carry a sand bucket.
3. Nursery hole.....this initiative will be restarted on Monday 01 June 2020 from the 1st tee
4. Members who use carts please follow the cart paths and use the rough where no cart path is available.
From my perspective all of these aspects come down to our culture and doing the right thing. As we progress towards the new development it would be great if we could all work hard on these aspects and make sure when the upgraded course is completed, our culture will help deliver the best presented course in the State.
I believe we should all support each other and when we see something is not right we should be able to say "We don't do that around here". If we can all take this small step it is a good start to a strong culture.
Please also take note of the attached PDF, outlining Stage 3 requirements which must be adhered too.
President, Prospect Vale Golf Club
Mobile: 0438 159 641
Covid-19 Stage 3 Requirements for members